Faithful In Adversity

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Keeping my word to Mr. Munro

Loyalty needs to sort its priorities. I once met a man serving in the
U.S. Armed Forces, who said that he would consider becoming a
policeman after he got out of the military...IF NOT FOR the fact
that this might force him "to go against The Nation." By "The Nation,"
he did NOT mean the nation he had sworn an oath to defend; he
meant his own racial group, which seemed to be ALL that mattered
to him. He unabashedly BOASTED of knowing members of a major
criminal gang based entirely within his own racial group; as long as
they were his race, it didn't seem to bother him a bit that they were
predatory criminals. I felt like asking why he didn't feel embarrassed
to be accepting a salary from the United States government when
was so obviously prepared to place the interests of his one racial
group ABOVE the well-being of the United States. But of course,
it I had raise this question, I would have been the one to be branded
as a "racist."

If I can get some participation here, I'd like to see some postings
upon the matter of what decides which loyalty comes first.

1 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Joseph Ravitts said...

The internet remains unpredictable.
I wrote this new post and tried to
publish it, but the domain refused
to display it...then, after awhile,
it displayed TWO copies of it. I
wish I had more leisure to master
the intricacies of blogging...but
I have more pressing obligations
to which I must be faithful.

Perhaps we could make use of this
fluke. If people do start posting,
there could be two independent
sequences of comments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home